Gilbert and Mary Herrington started Deep Eddy Washateria in 1953. The original location was on Lake Austin Blvd. by Deep Eddy Swimming Pool. After 4 years in the clothes cleaning business
, Mr. Herrington started cleaning rugs and carpet. The name was changed to Deep Eddy Rug and Carpet Cleaners
in 1957. After being in downtown Austin for over 30 years Deep Eddy opened its location on Burnet LANE
. Deep Eddy has been in its present location for the last 21 years.